Why Am I a Hindu? : The Science of Sanatan Dharma
On the 23rd of April 2004, I was flying from JFK Airport, New York City to SFO to attend a press meeting at Monterey, California. An American girl was sitting right beside me, near the window.
After some time, she smiled and we introduced ourselves to each other. I told her that I am from India. Instantaneously, the girl enquired, “What’s your faith?”
“What?" I asked as I didn’t understand the question.
“I mean, what’s your religion? Are you a Christian or a Muslim?" she elaborated her question.
“No!” I replied, “I am neither Christian nor Muslim.”
With a perplexed look, she questioned, “Then who are you…?”
“I am a Hindu”, I said. She gazed at me as if seeing a caged animal. She could not understand what I was talking about....
- These are opening sentences of my article "Am I a Hindu?" written long ago. Most of the readers would be familiar with this article as this happened to be most shared article on Hinduism for Westerners. Many readers, especially parents of non-resident Indians told me to write a book on the similar line. It took me many years of research and study to complete this book.
The ‘Why Am I a Hindu?’ gives a fresh perspective, mostly with a twist in the tale in a breezy, conversational style that makes even weighty philosophical discussions easy to digest.
- A must read book for anybody who is interested in spirituality, vedantic principles and scientific concepts behind the same. Author explains concepts using day to day examples which immediately gives clarity, wisdom and actionable insights to reader. Book can be used as self improvement tool as well as parenting guide. If you don't have time to go through vast ancient literature like Upanishads, Purana's, itihasas, Vedas etc in Sanatan Dharma , just read this book. It covers it all. Best gift you can give to your next generation.
- This is much awaited book from Dr Udaylal Pai which throws lightly on truly inclusive Sanathan Dharma, which is truely scientific & always amazes us with the fact that it could be scrutinized further with tool of rational thinking, Getting closer to Sanathan Dharma & its core principles in this world of full of many versions & loads of data is difficult. Articles & Narrations by Dr Udaylal pai takes us to the core essence of gems of Sanathan Dharma ie. Upanishads, Vedanta, Puranas etc. Complex topics & teachings made ridiculously simple to understand, It is a best possible gift one can provide to Near & Dear as well as for the Generations to Come.
- This book is an excellent read for someone who wants to understand the basics of Sanatana Dharma without complicating the information. The path to Dharma can be difficult to understand, bringing forth more questions the deeper we dwell into it. The setting of the book is simple, to the point and easily digestible for both old and young. A book well worth the read and a great collection to pass onto our future generation. Highly recommended.
- Paperback: 390 pages
- Publisher: White Falcon Publishing; 1 edition (2017)
- Author: Udaylal Pai
- ISBN-13: 978-9386210760
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 9 in